nonstick cooking spray
3 tablespoons crunchy nugget cereal
--or wheat biscuit cereal
1 tablespoon walnuts
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar; plus
1 tablespoon granulated sugar; divided
2 1/2 tablespoons instant espresso coffee powder
2 1/2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
---such as kahlua
2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
12 ounces fat-free sour cream
--1 1/2 cups
12 ounces fat-free cream cheese; softened
--1 1/2 cups
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
2 large egg whites
1 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Lightly coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
2. In food processor, combine cereal, walnuts and 1 tablespoon sugar; process to make fine crumbs. Place crumb mixture in prepared pan; tilt and rotate pan to coat bottom and sides with crumbs. Tap pan on counter to evenly distribute crumbs. Set aside.
3. In small bowl, dissolve instant coffee powder in coffee liqueur or water; set aside. Place cottage cheese in a double layer of cheesecloth and gather the corners at the top; squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Place pressed cottage cheese in food processor and process about 2 minutes, until very smooth. Add sour cream, cream cheese, the remaining 1 1/4 cups sugar, flour eggs, egg whites, cocoa, salt, cinnamon and the coffee liqueur mixture; process until smooth.
4. Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake about 1 hour, until firm around the edge but still wobbly in the center. Turn off oven. Leave cheesecake in oven with door closed for 30 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack. Remove outer ring of pan. Cover cheesecake with plastic wrap lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or up to 2 days.
Makes 16 servings. Preparation time: 30 minutes. Baking time: 1 hour 30 minutes. Chilling time: 4 hours.
Per serving: About 167 cal, 9 g pro, 26 g car, 2 g fat, 11% cal from fat, 33 mg chol, 271 mg sod, 0 g fiber.
Busted by Gail Shermeyer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Contributor: Low-Fat Meals, Vol. VI, #3
Yield: 16 servings
Preparation Time: 0:00