1 1/2 cup graham-cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons melted margarine
nonstick cooking spray
15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
1 cup granulated sugar; divided
2/3 cups all-purpose flour
4 eggs; separated
2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
2 teaspoons vanilla exact
1 cup nonfat sour cream
6 cups strawberries
--stemmed and divided
4 teaspoons lemon juice
1/4 cup red currant jelly; melted
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. In medium bowl, combine crumbs and margarine. Press onto bottom and 2 inches up sides of a 9-inch springform pan lightly coated with cooking spray; set aside.
3. In mixer bowl, beat ricotta cheese until smooth. Add 3/4 cup sugar, flour, egg yolks, lemon peel and vanilla; mix well. Stir in sour cream; blend thoroughly. In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; fold into cheese mixture. Pour into prepared crust; smooth top.
4. Bake in center of oven 1 hour. Turn off oven; cool 1 hour with door ajar. Remove from oven; chill thoroughly, about 2 hours.
5. In blender or food processor, puree 4 cups strawberries with the remaining cup sugar and lemon juice; strain sauce to remove seeds. Cover and chill.
6. Halve remaining strawberries; arrange on top of cake. Brush strawberries with jelly. Cut cake into wedges; serve with sauce.
Makes 14 servings. Preparation time: 30 minutes. Baking time: 1 hour. Cooling time: 1 hour. Chilling time: 2 hours.
Per serving: About 244 cal, 6 g pro, 50 g car, 7 g fat, 26% cal from fat, 71 mg chol, 108 mg sod, 2 g fiber.
Busted by Gail Shermeyer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Contributor: Low-Fat Meals, Vol. VI, #3
Yield: 14 servings
Preparation Time: 0:00