nonstick cooking spray
1 cup vanilla-wafer crumbs
--about 24 wafers
2 tablespoons low-calorie margarine; melted
2 ounces semisweet chocolate
1/2 cup evaporated skim milk
16 ounces fat-free cream cheese
1 cup low-fat cottage cheese; pureed
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons brown sugar substitute
2 eggs; separated, at room
2 tablespoons praline liqueur
--or other nut-flavored liqueur
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. Cover outside bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan with aluminum foil; spray inside with cooking spray.
2. In small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and margarine; press into bottom of pan. Preheat oven to 325°F.
3. In small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate in milk, stirring occasionally Remove from heat.
4. In large bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese, cottage cheese, brown sugar and brown sugar substitute until very smooth. Beat in egg yolks, then praline liqueur and vanilla.
5. In large metal bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; fold into cheese mixture. Pour half the mixture into medium bowl; add reserved chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Pour into prepared crust. Slowly and carefully pour remaining cream-cheese mixture over chocolate mixture. Sprinkle with pecans.
6. Reduce oven temperature to 275°F. Carefully place aluminum-foil-covered pan into larger baking pan. Add water to outside container until water level comes halfway up side of springform pan. Bake 1 hour 45 minutes. Remove from oven; remove springform pan from water and cool on wire rack. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Makes 15 servings. Preparation time: 35 minutes. Baking time: 1 hour 45 minutes. Chilling time: 8 hours.
Per serving: About 146 cal, 9 g pro, 17 g car, 5 g fat, 31% cal from fat, 33 mg chol, 250 mg sod, 0 g fiber.
Busted by Gail Shermeyer <email@example.com>
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Contributor: Low-Fat Meals, Vol. VI, #3
Yield: 16 servings
Preparation Time: 0:00