main dishes, cheese, casseroles, pastanoodle
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound ground turkey
--or turkey sausage; optional
2 large onions; chopped
2 garlic cloves; chopped , (up to 3)
--or more to taste
1 large bunc basil
--cut into small strips
1 28 ounces wh canned tomatoes
--1 1/2 pounds fresh tomatoes
l5 ounces nonfat ricotta cheese
--or 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
12 ounces nonfat mozzarella; shredded
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup grated parmesan; divided
-- or romano cheese
16 ounces lasagna noodles
vegetables of your choice; chopped
1. In large nonstick pot, heat olive oil. When fairly hot, but not smoking, add onions and stir. Add garlic; cook until onions are transparent. At this point, add the meat if you're using it, and continue sautéing until it's cooked through. Then add basil and tomatoes. Simmer about 1 hour.
Note: If the sauce is too acidic for your taste, add some fresh carrot.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine ricotta, egg, mozzarella, parsley and 1/4 cup Parmesan.
3. Prepare lasagna according to package directions.
4. In the bottom of a 12- by 9-inch casserole or lasagna dish, put a ladleful of sauce. Top with about 4 noodles. Spread with cheese filling. Add one or more vegetables of your choice. Continue layering until noodles are used up. Top with remaining Parmesan.
5. Cover lasagna with foil; bake about 1 hour. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
Per serving: About 678 cal, 59 g pro, 68 g car, 16 g fat, 21% cal from fat, 110 mg cholesterol, 830 mg sod, 5 g fiber.
Busted by Gail Shermeyer <email@example.com>
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Contributor: Low-Fat Meals, Woman's Day, 4/96
Yield: 6 servings
Preparation Time: 0:00