tex-mex, main dishes, chicken
1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth; defatted
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
1/2 cup diced red onion
1 cup nonfat spicy nacho dip; divided
3 ounces unsalted baked tortilla chips; divided
1 cup cooked and shredded boneless chicke
28 ounces low-sodium tomatoes; coarsely chopped
--one-fourth liquid reserved
1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
1/4 cup skim milk
fresh parsley sprigs; optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In medium nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons broth until hot. Add pepper and onion; cook about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add remaining 2 tablespoons broth; cook until peppers are soft. Remove from heat; set aside.
3. To assemble casserole, spread 1/4 cup nacho dip on bottom of a 1 1/2- to 2 quart casserole dish. Top with layer of tortilla chips (about 30 chips). Cover with pepper mixture, followed by another layer of tortilla chips. Evenly spread chicken over chips; top with tomatoes and remaining juice.
4. In small saucepan, combine the remaining 3/4 cup nacho dip, sour cream and skim milk; heat over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, until warm. Drizzle half the mixture over tomato layer.
5. Cover and bake about 25 to 35 minutes, until mixture bubbles. Drizzle casserole with remaining nacho sauce. Garnish with parsley sprigs.
Makes 4 servings. Preparation time: 20 minutes. Baking time: 35 minutes.
Per serving: About 281 cal, 18 g pro, 38 g car, 7 g fat, 22% cal from fat, 35 mg chol, 589 mg sod, 2 g fiber.
Busted by Gail Shermeyer <email@example.com>
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Contributor: Low-Fat Meals, Vol. VI, #3
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation Time: 0:00