tex-mex, main dishes, casseroles, turkey
1/2 pound lean ground turkey
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves; crushed
8 ounces low-sodium tomato sauce
1 cup salsa; divided
1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
1/2 cup nonfat spicy nacho dip
nonstick cooking spray
7 ounces unsalted baked tortilla chips; crushed
carrot curls; optional
fresh parsley sprigs; optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In nonstick skillet, over medium heat, saute turkey, onion, bell pepper, black pepper and basil until turkey is no longer pink, stirring occasionally to break up meat. Stir in tomato sauce and 1/2 cup salsa; remove from heat.
3. In small bowl, combine cottage cheese and nacho dip.
4. Coat an 11- by 7-inch baking dish with cooking spray. To assemble lasagna, place one-third of crushed chips in bottom of prepared dish, spreading to cover. Top with half the turkey mixture. Spread half the cheese mixture over turkey mixture. Repeat chip, turkey and cheese layers. Top with remaining crushed chips; pour remaining salsa evenly over chips.
5. Bake about 30 minutes, until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with carrot curls and parsley.
Makes 4 servings. Preparation time: 20 minutes. Baking time: 30 minutes. Standing time: 10 minutes.
Per serving: About 408 cal, 23 g pro, 56 g car, 12 g fat, 26% cal from fat, 42 mg chol, 1464 mg sod, 1 g fiber.
Busted by Gail Shermeyer <email@example.com>
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Contributor: Low-Fat Meals, Vol. VI, #3
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation Time: 0:00